Sunday, June 8, 2008

I keep forgetting to post this

So if you love Sushi, here is a real treat. Last Sat. night A and I went to our favorite Sushi restaurant-Sushi Den. I love this place, it is always amazing, there is always toro and the specials are tdf. This time I decided to be adventurous and give some new things a try. So we asked the Chef Ryan to prepare whatever he wanted for me. I ate so many new things that were unbelievably good and some old favorites such as Toro and copper river salmon w/ new twists. I think the seared toro was one of the best pieces of sushi I have ever tasted, I also loved the Uni, the Sayori and the Kanpachi, the only thing that didn't float my sushi boat was the giant clam, a little too strange a texture and oceany for my palate. I thought I was never going to get full, piece after piece made it's way across my plate and yet I still yearned for more. About the time he started some hand rolls I began to feel full.
I highly recommend doing this at least once in your lifetime if you are a sushi lover. It definitely isn't cheap, the chef does not skimp on quality that is for sure. But it is indeed worth it. It is quite indulgent to have the chef cooking only for you. So go say hi to Ryan and eat to your heart's content. (A nice dirty martini make a good accompaniment as well)

No comments: