Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fiber Heavy Post

As promised I am sharing all my yummy recent fiber purchases as well as some finished yarns. I will try to be less wordy and let the pictures do the talking.
This is from Spunky Eclectic, which for some reason I always want to call Electric, her colors certainly are! This is 4 oz. of superwash Merino in the Dogwood colorway.
4 oz of South African Fine in Mountain Majesty also from Spunky.
4oz. BFL in Hubba Bubba from Dragon Fibers.
3.5 oz. of Falkland in Picnic colorway from Squoosh.
4.6 oz of Merino from All Spun Up.
Forest and Sky batt, 4oz of a blend of BFL, merino,silk,camel down, bamboo,angelina from Wooly Treasures.
Also from Wooly Treasures this is Surf and Sand, 4oz blend of BFL, Alpaca, Bamboo and Silk.
And finally some spinning in progress and the end result. This roving is from Zitron, it was 50g. I received it in the FCS3.

On the wheel.
The finished singles. 145 yards, sport weight.
And the lovely Forest Fantasy batt I posted a couple post ago turned into this.
433 yards, 17 wpi, 2 ply lace weight.

Estes was a blast, so much more fibery deliciousness will be posted soon. I did manage to return with $6 in my pocket, pretty good for someone who always goes over budget!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous purchases! :)

OneCraftyChick said...

So glad to see how nicely the FCS3 pencil roving spun up. You just never know when you buy stuff for other folks if it'll "turn out right" or not. Looks great! (I've gotta learn to spin.) :)