Tuesday, April 29, 2008

As promised...

Here is my exciting news: Maddie and I are going to do the MS walk this Sat at City Park and are honored to be on the MIX 100 sponsored team. They took applications from different teams participating in the walk and chose my friend Liz's sister Hannah's team "I Sold My Soul For Rock and Roll and Now I have MS" to be the official Mix 100 team. We are so excited to be a part of this event. We have done the walk previously but it has been a couple of years since the last one. We are both still $250 away from our goal of $300 in donations so if you would like to donate here is the official team page. Thank you so much to those who have already contributed to this worthy cause.

And for the perspective. Often in life we talk about the "big" things and not sweating the small stuff, and ponder what is truly important. Recently a dear friend of mine lost everything she owned in a house fire. Fortunately her family escaped with only minor injuries. These are the big things, the ones we love. Everything else we possess is fleeting, but our friends, family and loved ones are truly what matter and often we forget what our priorities should be. I can't imagine how incredibly tough it must be to lose family pictures, baby books etc, but I am so thankful that they are all unharmed. If you would like to help them out please send me an email and I can direct you on how. Give everyone you love a big hug and remember what the big things are in life.

No comments: