Sunday, April 8, 2007

Taos Continued



On Friday as we made our way to Sante Fe we took a little detour to Chimayo to visit the Sanctuary. And low and behold I had my own little blessing. In this small town lies Los Vigiles Living Traditions Fiber Studio and Supply.
As we entered (yes I made my family partake in my yarn pilgrimage) we were greeted by Rose who was in the process of dying a batch of yarn. My husband was amused by her story of how she was investigated by the FBI since some of the ingredients she uses to dye can also be used for making Meth. Now I have to tell you her yarns could definitely be addicting, but they are legal.


Being the addict that I am, I succumbed and added three of her yarns to my haul. The first is a beautiful Slate blue boucle (78%mohair, 13% wool, 9% nylon). It is 490 scrumptious yards that I plan to make into a shawl. And who could resist the gorgeous Paprika hand dyed yarn (10% silk, 18% mohair, 72%wool). I bought three skeins, 88yards a piece that will end up as some sort of scarf.

And of course I saved the best for last. This incredible Lavender Fields is beyond gorgeous. It is 70%Mohair and 30% wool and 100% drool worthy. I believe I will knit up a multi directional scarf with it. Rose was a delightful and knowledgeable artist and I look forward to the opportunity to indulge again when she comes to the Estes Park Wool Festival.






1 comment:

Throws Like A Girl said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful yarns!