Friday, January 8, 2010

So far so good

No yarn purchased and I've been busy spinning! I've been working on this for quite some time and I finally finished it! yay! This is a 3ply, 18wpi, 417 yds, 6.75 oz. I spun one ply of Spunky's SW Lame Duck Mallard, one ply of Spunky's Banff and a third ply I alternated the two rovings. The wool was SW BFL and Corriedale. I put a lot of twist into both the singles and when plying to make it durable. I plan to use it to make my dh a pair of socks for his 40th bday. It was really fun to watch the colors come together as I plied.
Banff, SW Corriedale:
IMG_5762
Lame Duck Mallared SW BFL:
IMG_4813
IMG_6110 (2)
IMG_6117
IMG_6121

Next up pics of my latest project and finished socks.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. Sure you don't want to make yourself some socks from this?????