Friday, April 24, 2009

NJ Trip Part 1

We arrived in NJ Thurs evening and checked into our hotel. The Hyatt was right on the green and with in walking distance to many restaurants and stores. That night we had the pleasure of meeting my old friend Bill and his wife Cheri for dinner at the Morristown diner. It has been 22 years since we last saw each other, when I left NJ for CO. For four years we were neighbors and friends, he still lives in the same house but now has a lovely wife and children as part of his family. It was great to catch up and reunite. Friday we spent the day with one of my Mom's dear friends Sue. We went to this great yarn store in Denville Nonna's knit cafe. It is owned by two sisters who were beyond friendly and helpful. They assisted me with picking out this luscious cotton to make the tee pictured below.


We also drove to our old neighborhood and saw our old home on Kearny St. The new owners have added an addition on back but it still is as tiny as I remember it. For lunch we ate at Anthony's pizza in Rockaway, my all time favorite pizza place. And yes the pizza was just as delicious as it always is.


That evening I braved driving in NJ to go meet some online friends, Candy and Christina. We have been chatting for years so it was just like seeing an old friend rather than just meeting. While driving my cell phone which I use for GPS died. Luckily I found a Best Buy and was able to find my way back to the hotel. If I were to live out there again I think it would take me some time to get used to the driving. To say that NJ drivers are a different sort is kind, I do value the general courtesy of CO drivers. After arriving at the hotel I made my mom get out of her pjs and join me at the lounge for a drink. After the white knuckled driving a martini was well deserved!
Next up: Sat's church reunion and more yarn!





No comments: