Saturday, May 12, 2007

Flaming Needles, Spinning Kitty and more...

So I am going to follow the pack lead by Nachaele and make a Jawbreaker, just as soon as I finish my socks (more to come on that). For the Jawbreaker I bought this gorgeous variegated cotton from Over the Rainbow Yarns on ebay. This is my second purchase from them and I am once again thrilled with the value and quality
And on the sock front, the First sock is done and I am knitting the heel flap on the second. Hopefully I will post a FO shortly!!!
Yesterday I added Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins to my customer list! Yay!! I love the selection of roving they carry. I purchased some beautiful silk/merino in a lovely blue that I am using with the small spindle I bought to spin some lace weight for a shawl. Apparently my Pablocito likes spinning as well. Awww.

And a public service announcement. So if your kitty decides to chew your addi's and they are too rough for the yarn to pass over smoothly, here is what not to do.
1. sand cable
2.coat with nail polish
3. light on fire trying to melt the plastic
But it did work and I can still use them, I just don't recommend this course unless you really don't want to wait to finish knitting until you can purchase a new pair.

Last but not least on my list of misc. items that must be blogged this Sat. This is the great bag I found at Tuesday Morning. It is a diaper bag but works beautifully as a knitting bag. It also has a cute matching baby that holds my cell phone and wallet for knitting excursions.
This was included and is perfect for notions.
The whole ensemble.

And this little cooler is just the right size to hold a ball of sock yarn and needles. Great for slinging over the wrist and discreet knitting.

Happy Mother's Day to all, may you be able to knit to your heart's content.!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the Jawbreaker in your yarn! :) Love the new bags and your beautiful sock!

Throws Like A Girl said...

D'oh! I never thought of diaper bags! I have SO many of those. I'll have to raid the kid's closets after nap time.

jen said...

Nice stuff, Claudia! I especially love that cotton yarn -- it's been a while since I've bought from them.

Throws Like A Girl said...

Hey! You've been tagged! Check out my blog for instructions :)