1. How long have you been spinning? A year and a couple of months
What skill level do you consider yourself?Beginner
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? Two plies, navajo plied and singles
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)? Pretty much just my wheel since I bought it last fall
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like? BFL, Merino, Bamboo,Soy silk, Blends. I don't like anything too scratchy, I pretty much stick to stuff that is next to the skin soft.
5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)? Copper Pot, Wooly Treasures, All Spun Up, Spunky Eclectic
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? I am open to anything but cotton or linens...Nothing too difficult
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn? I am really trying to get 350+yards of 3 ply out of 4oz. Not quite there yet.
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? See previous post
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber? I would prefer ready to spin, although I am getting a drum carder this Aug!!!
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? Love it, pet it, admire it. I started a scarf and a pair of socks and am looking forward to knitting up more of it. 11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)? WPI would be great
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand? I pretty much like all colors, Reds, oranges and jewel tones are my faves.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now? A lucious surf and sand bat from Wooly Treasures
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have? I make stitch markers, beaded jewelry, scrapbooking and cards
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? reading, spending time w/ my kids, cooking, shoes
16. Do you have an online wishlist?Nope
17. Is there anything that you collect? sheep, shoes, Louis Vuitton (wouldn't that be a fun swap lo.)
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have?Nothing off the top of my head. I subscribe to Interweave, Spin off, but buy most all the other ones on a reg. basis
19. When is your birthday? Aug 5
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? Hmm... that is a tough one, not sure.
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? Hot, Hot, Hot.
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! I am a weekend goth girl with a closet full of black vinyl.
Candy: Dark chocolate, marshmallows.
Food: Sushi, Thai, Italian
Drink: Chai, Vanilla Stoli and Diet Coke
Movie(s): American Beauty, Pulp Fiction, Little Miss Sunshine
TV Show(s): Law and Order and SVU, anything on the History Channel, Forensic shows (the non fiction ones)
Book(s): Jennifer Weiner, Augusten Burroughs, Anita Shreve, Amy Tan are a few of my favorite authors
Guilty Pleasure(s): Massages, manicures, pedicures, hot baths, ice cream